Most people aren’t sure what to do after a car accident, but it’s imperative that the following steps are followed in order to protect yourself and your interests:
- Never drive away from the accident.
- Safety first! Ensure that the scene is safe both for you and other drivers.
- Call the police immediately and create a police report with the officer.
- Accuracy is key! When the police arrive ensure that the information you’re providing is based on facts and not speculation.
- Take pictures of the damages both vehicles sustained and any visible injuries on you.